Plant Litter: Decomposition, Humus Formation, Carbon Sequestration
Since the publication of the 2nd edition, there have been substantial developments in the field of litter decomposition. This fully revised and updated 3rd edition of Plant Litter reflects and discusses new findings and re-evaluates earlier ones in light of recent research and with regard to current areas of investigation. :
The availability of several long-term studies allows a more in-depth approach to decomposition patterns and to the later stages of decomposition, as well as to humus formation and accumulation.
The latest information focuses on three fields:
- :the effects of manganese on decomposition and possibly on carbon sequestration,
- :new findings on decomposition dynamics, and
- the new analytical technique using 13C-NMR.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
- PDF | 336 pages
- Bjorn Berg (Author), Charles McClaugherty (Author)
- Springer: 3rd ed. 2014 edition (29 Nov. 2013)
- Science Nature
|The message text*:|